Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Professional Courtesy Doesn't Exist in Medicine
Well as far I'm concerned there is NO professional courtesy in medicine. So I went to the clinic the hospital refers my company to. I showed up about 10 minutes before my appointment. Being that I had already been a patient I figured there would only be a little additional paperwork. Well after sitting for about 20 minutes for what I thought was a Physical Therapy appointment. I was told "Oh no, you are here to see the doctor." The receptionist realized that I had to do more paperwork and being that my claim had been closed they needed to find my chart. So after finishing paperwork and sitting in the waiting room for an hour and a half I was taken back to a room. The MA said my name twice and being that I'm in pain and had just asked how mush longer it was going to be she was ready to get he next patient. So I get back to a room and she asks what happened I tried to explain but she cut me off before I could finish. She asked if I was taking anything for my injury and I said yeas and told her the medications. Never asking if I was taking any other medications, which I do. She tool my vitals and said the doctor would be in shortly. The doctor came and preceded to tell me I needed to loose weight (something I know and am trying to do) I needed to find a new profession (something again I am trying to do, and told me that I shouldn't become a nurse. Well what does she expect me to, be a secretary or a MA. So as far as my summation of her message, I'm stupid, fat, and should just go pump gas. Needless to say I left pissed off, irritated, and in pain. The only good thing the doctor did was order another MRI so we will see what the results of that are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hang in there, maybe a good spa day will help!!
Post a Comment