Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Doctor Nightmare

So I went to the doctor that I was assigned by my company again today. After sitting in the exam room for a half hour she finally came in and said that we needed to get and MRI. She wrote me a prescription for an MRI last Wednesday which I promptly took over to where I had had my last MRI because they didn't have the number and refused to assist with making any appointment. The MRI place scheduled me for the MRI 2 days later , Friday. I went, had the MRI and they were supposed to sent the result to the doctor's office. I reminded her that I had already gone and had another one last Friday and they were supposed to send they result, which she did not have. She had one of the MAs come in and ask me for the phone number to the MRI place. Who promptly faxed over the Radiologist's written reading of my MRI. She never actually looked at the results. According to what she read there was no change and she planned on sending me back to work. After a couple of "If you were my daughter's" I finally said "So what you are telling me is I have to totally destroy my back to get any medical help." At this point I was irate and reminded her she had sent me back to work back in March before my back was medically stationary resulting in further herniation of the already bulging disc. She told me I needed to "be reasonable" and I was welcome to get a second opinion. Which I promptly told her I would be getting. Needless to say she quickly cancelled my Friday PT appointment and "transferred my care" to no one. I have another appointment tomorrow with a Providence Occupational Doctor, so hopefully they can help me/

No comments: