Saturday, November 1, 2008

Everything There is a Season

Well, yesterday we laid to rest my maternal grandmother.

October 25 my grandma's fight finally ended and she died with many of us (her family) around her. For anyone I talk to regularly you are aware she was diagnosed with a brain tumor in late March, went throught radiation and since her health has gone down hill. In september she was put on Hospice, which was the best thing for her. She was able to get the daily care she needed from our wonderful cousin Lorraine. Things beyond her skill level were done by many wonderful nurses from Hopice.

My grandma was the best. No matter what I need or wanted she would have done anything to get it for me. Which included things my parents already told me I didn't need. Her many stories, no matter how many times I heard them, were always entertaining and educational. Most of my cousins probably would consider my brother and I spoiled because we got so much from my grandmother, mostly her time. Most of that was because of our parents' work sceduales. I really don't care what they say, I got the best years of her life and memories that none of them will ever have. Weither it was our many tirps to The Dalles and Wasco to yet another trip to the mall where I would again get my picture taken. My grandma was the best grandma I could have ever asked for. I will miss her!

No comments: